Cyclomedia Project

CycloMedia Technology


From the outset, CycloMedia was unique in providing large-scale and systematic visualization of physical environments using specialized technology to collect 360˚ spherical imagery from a moving vehicle. On an annual basis, CycloMedia currently captures and processes approximately 375,000 linear miles of 360° panoramic street level images, representing over 30 million recordings per year.
ESC Engineering has been doing projects for "CycloMedia Technology" for the last three years.
Take a look at some of  the projects we do together;

 

Road Markings Project

 

A road markings inventory delivers a dataset containing all of the road markings in a certain area, consisting of points, lines and areas.
Over 98% of all the road markings that are visible on the GeoCyclorama, and are within 20 m from Cyclorama recording locations, are inventoried.
This provides you with a complete overview in order to:

 

  •    Perform easy and accurate budgeting.
  •    Easily and accurately plan maintenance.
  •    Validate performance contracts.
  •    Analyze the traffic safety conditions.

 

Location and geometry


The road markings are delivered as either point or line geometry. The amount of road markings may vary according to the road type. Quotations will be based on an estimated length of the road markings, instead of the length of the road.

 

  •    Arrows, symbols and text will be measured as point features.
  •    All of the other features will be measured as linear features.

 

Public Lighting Project

 

A public lighting inventory consists of a dataset containing all of the public lighting in a certain area, including the type of lighting and the height of the lamps. This inventory enables you to manage and analyze all the public lighting assets easily and clearly.

 

Objects and attributes

 

  •    Type (Standing, Hanging, Wall-mounted, Tunnel, Other)
  •    Height above street level.

 

 

Traffic Signs Project

 

An inventory of traffic signs delivers not only a database containing the traffic signs in a specific area, but also includes the type or category of the sign, the azimuth of the sign and the sign texts. This enables you to:

 

  •  Perform quick and easy inspections and condition assessments.
  •  Perform accurate tendering.
  •  Analyze the traffic safety in your area.

 

 

 

Different states use different traffic sign standards. ESC use the Globespotter datalayer to easily view the dataset and makes sure that all traffic signs are correctly positioned on the map, and are also projected in the Cycloramas.Over 98% of all the traffic signs that are visible from the front side on the GeoCyclorama, and are within 20 m from the Cyclorama recording locations, are inventoried. The traffic sign positions are 98% correct. The remaining 2% might have a deviation in the location, type/subtype or azimuth.

 

Attributes:

 

  •    Location
  •    Type (based on the standard)
  •    Text (signs that need the text to be inventoried need to be identified by the customer)
  •    Azimuth (the viewing direction)

 

All supports or mounts:

 

  •    Location at street level (the X and Y position of the signs projected on the street level elevation)
  •    Type (support, lamppost, fence, building, other)

                                                   

   
     Sample Project Files